Are you sure you know all the ways the Litmor Battery Cam can help you out as a front door security camera? Keep reading to find out.
As we have mentioned in our previous blog article about installing security cameras (https://www.litmor.com/blogs/litmor-capsule-product-review/2019-most-optimal-locations-to-install-your-home-security-camera), where you install your camera depends on the purpose you want to use the camera for. An obvious place to install your camera is the front door. You might think it’s mainly for security reasons, but there are actually many more perks to placing a Litmor Battery Cam at your front door. Keep reading to find out what they are.
Now what can the Litmor Battery Cam do for you?
- Scaring off intruders– According to statistics, 34% of burglars enter your home from the front door. That is why it is imperative for you to place a camera around your front door. First of all, simply having a security camera in sight, near your front door, has been proven to scare off burglars. In this case, it is important to make sure that the camera is easily visible. Secondly, using the Litmor app, from a distance, you can trigger the 100 db built-in siren or the 92 lumens spotlights, which can either scare off the intruder, or warn neighbors that something is going on at your house. Lastly, you can also use the dual-audio, in case you would want to communicate with the intruder. For example, you could inform them that you have called the police. This can also apply to your car. If you aim the camera towards your parked car, you will be able to know when someone or something approached your vehicle, and then decide the best course of action.
- Recording the event– The Litmor Battery Cam is activated as soon as motion is identifies with the field of view. When activated, the Litmor Battery Cam can send you a notification informing you of activity in the field of view. You can then either watch the live feed from the camera, or watch the recent activity the camera has captured and saved on the Litmor app. These materials can be used as proof of intrusion, or can be used to identify the culprit.
- Easy access– As the Litmor Battery Cam isn’t on 24/7, but only when activated by movement, so you don’t need to sift through hours of useless footage to find the event you are looking for.
A front door security camera allows you to see who is at the door from a distance, without the risk of that person knowing you’re home. Even if you are not home, using the Litmor app, you can still see who is approaching your house.
- Keep an eye on your kids– Security cameras can be particularly useful if your kids are at home alone. If they are old enough, they can operate the Litmor app themselves to see who is at the door. In any case, you can always be updated through a push notification to your phone, as soon as something or someone approaches your house. This way, you can leave your kids at home without having to worry about who might start ringing the doorbell.
- Don’t miss out on deliveries- Another common occurrence is deliveries or mail arriving when you’re not home, and instead of dropping the letter in the letter box, they take it back to the post office and you have to go pick it up later. Litmor Battery Cam can help you avoid this extra trouble. The camera will activate when the delivery has arrived, and notify you immediately. You can then use the two-way audio to communicate with the delivery person.
Why pick Litmor Battery Cam?
There are multiple reasons why Litmor Battery Cam is the ideal candidate to carry out all the tasks mentioned above. As mentioned earlier on, the siren and spotlights can be used to scare off unwanted visitors. Aside from this, Litmor Battery Cam’s flexible mount allows you to place it almost anywhere, in any position, allowing you to choose just the right angle at your front door. It can be installed with wires, nails and stickers, so it can be placed on almost any surface. The camera is waterproof and can withstand temperatures between -20°C and 45°C (-4°F and 113°F) so you don’t have to worry about the weather affecting its functions. Furthermore, the camera’s excellent color night vision means that you’ll be able to clearly see what is going on, day or night. We recommend the Litmor Battery Cam over keyhole cameras or video doorbells, because these are easily accessed, blocked or broken by intruders.
If you have questions on how to install the Litmor battery cam, please refer to the article below, which offers you all the information you need. In case something wasn’t clear, do not hesitate to contact us on ‘Contact Us’ page, or send us an e-mail at email@example.com.